Inspiration (Use of English B2)

Read the text below and think of the word which best fits each space. Use only one word in
each space.

Inspiration

I have had what, I think, is the 1.___ most extraordinary day of my life. While the events are 2.____ clear in my mind, I wish to write them down. Let me introduce 3.___ My name is Lawrence Terrel. I am thirty-five years old, and in perfect health. I have never been ill in my life, not 4.___ for a day. I am an artist. I am 5.___ very successful, but I earn enough money to 6.___ care of my needs. My only near relative, a sister, 7.___ three years ago. So I have no family.

I ate breakfast this morning at eight After I 8.___read the morning paper, I smoked my pipe and let my mind wander. I hoped I would think of 9.___ to draw. The room was very hot, even 10.___ the door and window were open. I had decided to go to the public swimming 11.___ when an idea for a drawing 12.___ to me.

I began to 13.___ I was so interested in my work that I forgot to eat lunch. I did not stop until the clock struck five. I looked at what I had done. For a hurried picture, I felt it was the best thing I had ever drawn.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)