Rephrasing B2

Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word given.

1. I last saw him at my 21st birthday party. since
 
    I _________ my 21st birthday party.

2. 'You've broken my radio, Frank!', said June. accussed

    Jane ________ her radio.

3. My car really needs to be repaired soon. must

    I really _______ repaired soon.

4. Susan regrets not buying that house. wishes

    Susan _____ that house.

5. I could never have succeeded without your help. you

    I could never have succeeded _________ me.

6. I thought I might run out of cash, so I took my cheque.book with me. case

    I took my cheque-book with me _________ out of cash.

7. Linda's plan for a picnic have been spoilt by the weather. fallen

    Linda's pland for a picnic ________ because of the weather.

8. The bread was too stale to eat. fresh

    The bread ________ to eat.

9. Perhaps Brian went home early. may

    Brian ________ home early.

10. I can't possibly work in all this noise! impossible

    It ________ work in all this noise!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)