Conditionals (Use of English First)

1. Choose the correct verb form to fill the gaps:

  • I ______________ happy to advise you if you'd asked me.
A. had been     B. would have been     C. would be     D. will be

  • If she __________ her driving test, she would have bought a car.
A. would have passed     B. has passed     C. passed     D. had passed
  •  I wouldn't have lent him the money if he __________ desperate.
A. has not been     B. wasn't been     C. hadn't been      D. couldn't be

  •  If you'd run faster, you ___________ the bus.
A. should've caught     B. wouldn't catch     C. could've caught     D. might catch

  • If I hadn't worked hard when I was young I ___________ where I am now. 
A. won't haven been     B. would be     C. hadn't been     D. wouldn'be



2. Complete the second sentence so that it is as similar in meaning as possible to the first sentence, using the word given.


  • Give us your vote and we promise to make this country great again.     long
We'll make this country great again _______________________ us your vote.

  • There will be no more unemployment, if we win the elections.     jobs
If we come to power, ______________________ for everybody.
  •  We will build more schools if we can afford to.     enough
Provided _______________________, we will build more schools.

  • They won't let you into the theatre without a ticket.    unless
You can't get into the theatre ___________________ a ticket.
  •  Bring your sun lotion because a heatwave is possible.    case
Bring your sun lotion ____________________ a heatwave.





3. Fill each space in the following text with one suitable word:

All the difference

I often wonder how my life would have __________ (1) different if on that particular day I __________ (2) walked in the other direction. Or what __________ (3) have happened if -in those few second - I __________ (4) walked just a little bit faster? She wouldn't __________ (5) been able to do what she did, say the things she said. If it __________(6) not been for these shy words of greeting, I would not __________ (7) here now - I would probable _________ (8) in the same city I grew up in. It is amazing how our lives depend on the most minute details: a split-second decision which makes all the difference. __________ (9) I ever have found romance at all ___________ (10) I hadn't met Francesca that day and if she ___________ (11) decided not to walk on that path beside the trees? I couldn't possibly ___________ (12) done what I did in my life if we ____________ (13) not met on that bright, sunny morning. And if the sun had not _____________ (14) shining and the birds singing, she would probably have ___________ (15) even spoken to me. 




Comments

  1. Good day,
    I am voorhees philip,i want to invest in your business in good faith.I have equity capital for profitable investment. I also offer private commercial and personal loans with very annual interest rates as low as 3% within a years repayment duration period to any part of the world.
    The maximum funding amount is $100million USD.

    EMAIL: philipvoorhees007@gmail.com
    THANK YOU
    VOORHEES PHILIP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you need a quick long or short term Loan with a relatively low interest rate as low as 3%? We offer business Loan, personal Loan, home Loan, auto Loan, student Loan, debt consolidation Loan etc.. no matter your credit score.
    Personal Loans (Secure and Unsecured)
    Business Loans (Secure and Unsecured)
    Consolidation Loan and many more.

    Contact US for more information about Loan offer and we will solve your
    financial problem. contact us via email: muthooth.finance@gmail.com
    Phone number: +917428831341 (Call/What's app)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)