Rephrasing B1

For each question, complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the the first sentence. 
Use no more than three words.



1. The train ticket cost a lot less than we had expected.

The train ticket wasn´t as _______________ we´d thought.

2. A lot of people attended the match despite the rain.
Even though it _____________, a lot of people attended the match.

3. I like comedies best, and my brother does too.
I like comedy movies best, and _____________ does my brother.

4. Jacob succeeded in learning to skateboard at the age of 4.
Jacob was ________ to skateboard at the age of 4.

5. We won´t go out for a meal unless we can find a baby-sitter.
If we don´t find a baby-sitter, we _______________ out for a meal.

6. You mustn’t smoke in here.
You are ________________________ in here.

7. You failed the exam because you didn’t study.
If you had studied, you ______________ the exam

8. In the past Gerald drove to work, but he doesn’t any more.
Gerald _________________ to work, but he doesn’t any more

9. We can’t wait to move into our new house.
I am ___________________ into our new house.

10. The last time I saw Audrey was when I was in Italy.
I ____________________ Audrey since I was in Italy.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)