Free Time at Home (Vocabulary Part I)

TV, radio, music, video


  • I watch TV every evening. 
  • Did you watch/ see the film about President Kennedy's wife?
  • I listen to the radio every morning. I love listening  to music. 
  • What programmes do you like best on TV?

Activities at home


  • A lot of young people play computer games every day.
  • Do you use the Internet?
  • I really like cooking.
  • Do you like gardening?
  • We grow flowers and vegetables in our garden.
  • I live in a flat. I don't have a garden, but I have a lot of house plants.

Reading


  • I read a lot at home.
  • I like to read novels.
  • She has a lot of books about history.
  • There are magazines about rock pop and sport.
  • Do you read a newspaper every day?

Time with other people


  • Sometimes we invite friends around/ have friends around.
  • I often have people/ have friends to dinner.
  • My best friend comes to stay sometimes.
  • I talk to my friends on the phone every afternoon.  I ring my friends every afternoon.

Just relaxing



  • Sometimes, I just do nothing.
  • I like to have a sleep/ take a nap after lunch.


1. Do you know the meaning of all the words in blod? Pay a lot of attention to the verbs that are used on each situation.




2. Speaking time!
  • Put the following free time activities in order, from most interesting to most boring, in your opinion.
Gardening      Cooking     Reading     Using the Internet     Watching films       Listening to music      Doing nothing



  • Answer for yourself:
    • If you have friends around, what do you like to do?
    • Does anyone come to stay at your house?
    • What do you like to read most?
    • How often do you ring your friends? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)