Phrasal Verbs (Work Part II)

Work

Ellen: "Frances, do you think you could fix up a staff meeting for me?"

Frances: "Yes, I'll do that. When were you thinking of?"

Ellen: "Well, let's pencil it in for Friday morning and see whether everyone else is free then."





Veronica: "Why are you back home already? Did you knock off early today?"

Jim: "I wish I could say that. The truth is I've just been laid off."

Veronica: "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that."


Bob: "Did you ever follow up that phone call you had with the oil company?"

Keith: "No, I really should do something about it."





Mona: "It's amazing how much we can get done when we all pull together, isn't it?

Ricky: "Yes, although sometimes it's also good if people just leave you to it."






1. Try to guess the meaning of the previous Phrasal Verbs related with the Work.




2. Write or tell someone suitable answers to the following questions, taking into account that they have to have a Phrasal Verb. (Maybe you have to review the previous post about this topic: "Phrasal Verbs (Work Part I)".


  • Shall I tell you what's been going on while you were on holiday?
Yes, please...

  • Could you deal with the letters we've had in response to our advert?
Certainly, I'll...
  •  Could you arrange an appointment for me with the bank manager?
Yes, I'll...

  • Why did you stand down as Director?
Well, I've been doing it for years and I thought it was time to... 
  •  Can we arrange a meeting for some time next week?
Sure, why don't we...


3. Speaking time!

  • At what time do you knock off each day?
  • Do you know anyone who has ever been laid off?
  • Do you think is easy that in a work group all pull together? 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)