Phrasal Verbs (Communication)

Managing subjects and topics

Well, there are a couple of matters which I want to bring up today for discussion. But before we get on to those questions,  I just want to run through the schedule for next week's sales conference, which you all have copies of. Someone asked me if we could talk about the new computer system, but I'd prefer to leave that aside for today and come back to it another time. I'm sure I don't need to spell out how important it is that we're all thoroughly prepared for next week's conference, so maybe we can deal with that first. So, let's have a quick run-through of the schedule and discuss each event in turn.


1. Try to guess the meaning of the previous Phrasal Verbs




Communicating and interacting with others

Jim: I wish they had done what they said they would do.
Nan: Yes, they should have kept to what they promised and not changed their minds.

Freda: I don't know who to ask for help or advice on this matter. It's very delicate.
Lou: Yes, it's difficult to know who to turn to, isn't it?

Anne: Lucy was extremeley enthusiastic and excited about coming to work for us.
Fiona: Yes, she was absolutely bubbling over with excitement when I spoke to her.

Paul: She acts as if she was the boss, telling everyone what to do.
Mia: Yes, she's always ordering people about/around.

Karen: I saw a sign saying that the car park will be closed tomorrow. Can you tell everyboday else, please?
Tony: Yes, I'll pass the news on. I'll send an e-mail to everyone in the office.

Harry: I see Grace said no to the job.
Zoe: Yes, she turned the offer down.


2. Try to guess the meaning of the previous Phrasal Verbs.




3. Let's talk!
Tell us about some situation in which you have to communicate something and  you have to use some of the previous Phrasal Verbs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)