Phrasal Verbs (Secrets)

Secrets

Angela: You're keeping something from me, aren't you?

Steve: Well, sort of, Jill really opened up to me last night. She poured out a lot of things but made me promise not to tell anyone and I can't go back on my word.

Angela: Go on. You can tell me, I won't let on to Jill or anyone else.

Steve:No, I can't. In the course of her outpouring she owned up to something quite serious and I really can't tell you about it. You'd be far too shocked!



1. Try to guess the meaning of the previous Phrasal Verbs.


2. Let's talk!
Talk or write about some moment in which you have a secret or you tried to avoid telling any, using the previous Phrasal Verbs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)