Health and Illness (Vocabulary Part I)



Resultado de imagen de illness draw







How are you today?

I am very well /fine thank you.
I don't feel very well. I must go home and rest.
I feel ill. Can you get a doctor, please?
That fish was bad. I think I'm going to be sick. I want to vomit.

1. Try to guess the meaning of the words in blod.






Every day problems

Have you got an aspirin? I've got a headache
I've got toothache. I need to go to the dentist.
I've got stomachache. Probably I ate something bad. 
I've got diarrhoea. I have been all day in the toilet.
I've got a hangover. I think I drank too much yesterday


I've got a cold.  Symptoms: a sore throat, sneezing and a cough.
I've got flu.    Symptoms: the same that for a cold+ aching muscles and temperature.
I've got hay fever.   Symptoms: sneezing,  runny nose and sore eyes.


Pdt: For these illnesses, you can either buy something from the chemist, or go to your doctor, who may give you a prescription that you get from the chemist.


2. Try to guess the meaning of the words in blod.





3. Complete the following sentences with a suitable word:

  • She had some apples that weren't ready to eat and now she's got__________________.
  • I went to the doctor and she gave me a ________________ for some tablets.
  • He has got a __________________, so he takes an aspirin.
  • How are you? I _________________ (not). I have a headache and stomachache.
  • Today I wake up with _____________ because I went out yesterday.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)