The Football Game (Comparatives Part I)

The Football Game

Yesterday my brother and I went to see a football game. We watched our two favourite teams, the Eagles and the Hawks. It was the second week of the season and the day was much colder than the week before. We arrived at the stadium at 11:30 am, which is a little earlier than usual. We were excited because I love the Hawks and he loves the Eagles.  
The seats were good, but I wanted something closer to the field. However, we sat and enjoyed the game. Well, we enjoyed it until we started arguing. My brother and I both think our team is better than the other team. He always says to me that the Eagles are faster, stronger, and smarter than the Hawks. I never agree. On this day, he was wrong. The Hawks played a lot better than the Eagles. They looked stronger and tougher than the Eagles. The won by 15 points.

One thing I didn’t like was that the food and drinks were much more expensive than other places, and tasted much worse. I was surprised that a hot dog cost $7, which is more expensive than the $3 I pay outside the stadium. Also, the hot dog was smaller than normal hot dogs. So I was a little sad about my meal, but I planned to get something tastier after the game. 
Driving home I talked about how much better my team was than the Eagles. My brother was getting angry, and I noticed he was driving a lot faster than usual. We were lucky he didn’t crash. Finally he saw a police car so he started to drive slower.  We arrived home around 7:00 pm, which is later than normal. Usually we get home at about 6:00 pm. 
Overall, it was a great day. I love going to the game with my brother. Even though we argue, I wouldn’t want to watch the game with anyone else!


1. In the previous text you can find some adjectives in comparative, can you find them? (TIP: remember that it usually has THAN after it)



2. Now it's time to write the structure of this comparative, that belongs to the group 1:


3. Who won the game?

4. How much did a hot dog cost?

5.What time did they arrive home?

6.What is the brother’s favourite team?




Comments

  1. Tea accessories that are available in bulk can be purchased at a discounted price but one will still get the same quality and freshness one would get from a retail outlet. For more ideal details about green tea head over to the website.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)