Make or Do

Make or Do

  • He made some mistakes in the exam, but he did all his homework so he passed Maths.
  • I have to do the shopping today to make the lunch/breakfast/dinner for tomorrow.
  • You make a good decision doing this course. It's going to make you make a lot of money.
  • Can you do me a favour, please? I am new in the city and I need to make friends.
  • I didn't do anything last night because the neighbours were making a lot of noise.
  • He is doing research in physics and he is making a lot of progress.
  • You have to do the housework.
  • Did you do Latin at school?


1. Cross out the incorrect verbs in these sentences. Both verbs may be correct.
  • I couldn't do/make the homework last night.
  • Did he do/make many mistakes?
  • I often do/make the housework.
  • I want to do/make a course in English.
  • He is doing/making research in chemistry.
  • They did/made a lot of noise during the party.

2. Let's Talk!
  • Tell your group about a difficult decision you had to make. What decision did you end up making? Why did you make that choice?
  • What’s the biggest professional mistake you’ve ever made? What were the consequences of making this mistake?
  •  Have you ever done someone a really big favor? What was it? Did the person appreciate it?
  • Did you have to write a thesis when you were in college? If so, what did you do your research on?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)