When do I use OF and when I use an Apostrophe? (Common Mistakes PET)

When do I use OF and when I use an Apostrophe?


1. Tick the correct sentence in each pair
  • A. We spent  two days in my grandmother's house.
B. We spent two days in the house of my grandmother.

  • A. Look at the top of the page.
B. Look at the page's top.


2.  Correct the mistakes below:

  • These are my parents. And this is the best friend of my mother.
  • We need to buy my dog's food.
  • Rome is the Italy's capital
  • The party of the children is at the club.
  • The answers are at the book's back.
  • The name of my friend is Natalia.
3. Write possessive sentences using the words in brackets.
  • I visited _____________________ (school/ my friend.)
  • We stayed in _______________________ (other house/ her family.)
  • Garden Designs' is _______________________ (name/ his company.)
  • It's______________________ (birthday/ my little brother.)
  • _____________________ (cousins/ my father) live in Argentina.
  • They are_____________________ (brothers/ my best friend.)
  • _________________________ (phone numbers/ my friends) are in this book.
  • I found _______________________ (glasses/ man).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)