Comparison (Exercises)

1. Complete these sentences with a comparative adjective.

  • My teacher is friendl but my brother's teacher is ______.
  • My bike is big but my sister's bike is ______.
  • This biscuit tastes nice but those cakes taste _______.
  • Geography is interestin but history is _______.
  • I felt nervous but my friend felt ______.
  • Tim is rich but John is ______.
  • This exercise is easy but the next one ise _____.
  • Madrid is hot but Bangkok is ______.

2. Write sentences comparing these things.
  • Football/ exciting/ volleyball.
  • Golf/ safe/ horse-riding.
  • Water-skiing/ difficult/ swimming.
  • Motorcycling/ noisy/ cycling.
  • Rugby balls/ heavy/ tennis balls.

3. Complete the seconf sentence so that it means the same as the first.
  • Radio 255 is my favourite radio station.
I think Radio 255 is ________________ than the other radio stations.

  • Other radio stations have fewer listeners than radio 255.
Radio 255 has _________ listeners than other radio stations.
  •  Steve Wood is funnier than all the other disc jockeys.
Steve Wood is the __________ disc jockey.

  • I find the sports programmes interesting.
I __________ in the sports programmes.
  •  The music programmes are less popular than the news programmes.
The music programmes aren't _________ the news programmes.

  • I entered a competition but I'm unlikely to win.
I entered a competition but I __________ likely to win.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)