Idioms (Conversational responses Part I)

Emphasis

A: You can borrow my car tonigh.
B: Thanks a million!

A: Did you get the job you wanted?
B: No such luck!

A: Can I go skiing with you and your friends this weekend?
B: The more, the merrier.

A: She's a great teacher!
B: You can say that again!

A: Come on the roller coaster with me!
B: No way!

A: I don't know hoy you can drive a car in London traffic! 
B: There's nothing to it!

A: You could become a model.
B: Don't make me laugh!

A: It's nearly the end of the holiday already.
B: How time flies!

A: We bumped into John's teacher in Venice!
B: It's a small world.


1. Try to guess the meaning of the previous Idioms.




2. Let's speak.
Create a conversation in which you have to use the previous expressions. You can write it or directly speak with a friend or your teacher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)