Can I use the future after When or If? (Common Mistakes FIRST)

Can I use the future after When or If? 

1. Tick the correct sentence in each pair
  • When she starts her new job she'll get a company car.
When she'll start her new job she'll get a company car.

  • If you miss the train you'll have to take a taxi.
If you will miss the train you'll have to take a taxi.

2. Complete the sentences below using the correct form of the verbs.

  • I you ______(treat) her so unfairly she'll walk out of the job.
  • Could you phone me when__________ (you/have) the results of the test?
  • By the time they _______ (arrive) the match will be over.
  • If Kathy _______(get) in touch next week, I'll let you know.
  • Let's go out for a drink after we ______(finish) these accounts.
  • I don't like unexpected visitors, so I hope she rings before she _______(arrive)!
  • You can't drive a car in England until you ______(be) seventeen.
  • You ______(have to/ retake) the exam if you_____(fail) it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)