Will vs. Be going to (Review)

Read the situations and complete the sentences using will ('LL) or going to.

  • The phone rings and you answer. Somebody wants to speak to John.

CALLE R: Hello. Can I speak to John, please?
You: just a moment. I ,.... ...... him. (I /get)

  • lt's a nice day, so you have decided to t ake a walk. just before you go, you tell your friend.

You: The weather's too nice to stay in. ..... . ........ .... ..... ........... .. .. .... . .... ... ..... a walk. (I / take)
FRIEND: Good idea! I think ..................................................................................... ....... ................. you. (I /join)

  • Your friend is worried because she has lost her driving licence.

You: Don't worry. I'm sure .. . . ..... . ..... it. (you /find)
FRIEND: I hope SO.

  • There was a job advertised in the paper recently. At first you were interested, but then you decided not to apply.

FRIEND: Have you decided what to do about that job you were interested in?
You: Yes, .... .. ...... .. .. .................. .. ..................... for it. (I /not/ apply)

  • You and a friend are stuck in traffi c. You have to be in a meeting in five minutes and you need at least another 20 minutes to get there.

You: The meeting begins in five minutes. .... .. ..................... .. . ...... ...... ... . (we /be late)

  •  Ann and Sam are staying at a hotel. Their room is in very bad condition, especially the ceiling.

ANN: The ceiling doesn't look very safe, does it?
SAM: No, it looks as if ...... ........................ ... ......... . ... ............................... ... ... ... .................. . (it/ fall down)

  • Paul has to go to the airport to catch a plane tomorrow morning.

PAUL: Kate, I need somebody to take me to the airport tomorrow morning.
KATE: That's no problem. .................... . you. (I /take) What time is your flight?
PAUL: 10.30.
KATE: OK, . ....... .. .... .... .................. ........ you up at your house at about 8 o'clock then. (I/pick)
Later that day, joe offers to take Paul to the airport.
JOE: Pau l, do you want me to take you to t he airport?
PAUL: No thanks, Joe. ... . ....................... . .... . . .. . ........ ............. ...... . ................ me. (Kate/take)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)