Singular or plural? (Common Mistakes PET)

Singular or plural?

1. Explain the difference  between the meaning of the words in bold in the following pair of sentences:
  • I'd like to buy some new curtains for my room.
The right curtain in longer than the left one.

  • I hope you enjoy your holiday in Britain.
This year I have 2 months free in the summer holidays.
  •  My uncle's house is in the mountains near Turin.
I love to go to the mountain and breath fresh air.

  •  I am going to buy some new clothes for the wedding.
Cloth handbags are inexpensive, but not very durable.


2. Complete the sentences with a singular or plural wor from the previous exercise.

  • That ________ is torn, so I'm going to mend it.
  • During the summer _________, I worked in a shop.
  • I climbed the _______ behind the house one morning.
  • Where's the _______ for washing the dishes?
  •  My bed cover is flowery, just like the ________ at the windows.
  • Come and visit me for your next ________
  • I wore my new _________ at the weekend.
  • I always take a map when I go to the ________

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)