Idioms ( Express Happiness)

Happiness

  • I'm thrilled to bits.
  • I'm on cloud nine.
  • I am/feel on the top of the world.
  • I'm over the moon.
  • I'm in seventh heaven.
  • I get a (real) kick out of going for a run first thing in the morning before anyone else is up.
  • Sandra is keen to have a go at bungee-jumping -  just for kicks.
  • Rowena jumped for joy when she heard that she'd won first prize.
  • I've been walking/ floating on air even since Chris and I started going out together.
  • I's great to hear from you. It's really made my day.
1. Try to guess the meaning of the previous Idioms.



2. Correct the mistakes in these idioms:
  • The child was thrilled for bits to have her photo in the paper.
  • I felt as I was floating in air as I ran down  the hill into his arms.
  • Your telephone call has really done my day.
  • Jill said he was on cloud seven and Jack agreed that he was in the fith heaven.
  • Stereotypically, happy footballers say that they are over the sun.

3. Answer the questions.
  • Would a piece of good news or a piece of bad news be more likely to make your day?
  • Are people more likely to get a kick our of hot-air balloonin of cleaning their boots?
  • Do you notice anything that a number of the images in the hapiness idioms have in common?

  • Write a situation to tell to your teacher in which you felt specially happy. Try to use as much idioms as you can, taking into account that they have to have sense.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)