Going to a Theme Park (Reading)

You are going to read a magazine article about people's experiences of going to theme parks. Answer the questions choosing from people. 


Going to a theme park

A. Tim 
Mum and Dad gave us each some spending money for the day, so there'd be no further argument over buying must-have souvenirs from the shops! And to my relief we were allowed to go off by ourselves for a bit - luckily I've got an older brother and sister to accompany me, and we all managed to do the rides we wanted. That was important as the place was far more extensive than even my wildest dreams, and that's saying something! Dad had got some special offers that reduced the price of entry - and this doubled the fun, as they entitled us to go to the head of the queue for the rides, like celebrities. That was lucky - we could have wasted hours otherwise. And it meant I managed endless goes on my favourite, Ghost Train. Even in the pouring rain that we had a t one point, it never failed to thrill!


B. Joanna
We went on a four-day trip to a hufe theme park, and I feel now that we might have burnt out too quickly. The  first day was fantastic, going on absolutely every ride, however scary! But by the fourth day, we were getting a bit fed up with the constant race to fit in as many attractions as possible. And my parents must have spent loads - by the end of the trip we seemed to have acquired half the contents of the souvenir shops! But we had a great time and for once my brothers and I forgot all about the stupid arguments we have with each other over trivial stuff. They're usuall friendly but a bit annoying for my mum and dad, especially if we're stuck somewhere in the pouring rain - like we were sometimes on this trip! That was a pity as it meant we missed out on some of the rides. But never mind - we still managed not to quarrel!


C. Kaori
We went to the theme park with another family my parents knew, and their teenage daughters. My sister and I hadn't met them before, so I was a bit doubtful. But it turned out they were just like us . especially when it came to wanting stuff from the souvenir shops! First we sat in the park café and sorted out who was going where, so that no-one got cross about missing out on the roller coaster or whatever. I reckoned our friends were too polite to say what they really wanted, though. Then we overtook everyone and headed immediately for the end of the park, where it was quiet, and worked backwards- we missed a few queues that way, too. The weather was on our side too - mid-20s. Mum and Dad had even checked the forecast when they arrenged the day - amazing. Can't imagine I'll be doing all of that when I've got kids!


D. Matthew
My family had insisted we sat down at home with the friends who were going with us and discussed who wanted to do what, so that we weren't wasting time fighting when we got there - and it seemed to work! Anyway, if we'd ended up waiting around in the burning heat that we had that day, we'd have been in trouble, I reckon. The theme park was amazing. The roller coaster alone was worth the high entrance fee - although my parents might not agree! It claimed to be the fastest in the world, but I doubted that. Still, judging by the track, I suspected the ride would be a different experience from the usual stuff, so I was determined to have as many goes as possible. I still found myself shaking in the queue, but it was definitely from the thrill of what was toc ome. And we weren't disappointed. Once the ride took of, the massive loops and drops just forced us back in our seats - all part of the fun!


Which person...
  1.  found a way to avoid the crowds who were walking around in the park?
  2. welcomed the opportunity to wander round the park without their parents?
  3. was pleased to find that one ride completely lived up to its promise?
  4. found the trip distracted them from fights with family members?
  5. felt they attempted to do too much during their visit?
  6. was happy about the short time it took to get on the rides?
  7. admired their parents for the amount of planning that had been done?
  8. had planned before they arrived how they'd spend their time?
  9. was concerned that not everyone had got to do what they wanted at the park?
  10. says their trip was spoilt slightly by the weather?
  11. says they felt excited rather than nervous about one ride?
  12. took home a lot of purchase?
  13. was surprised by the size of the park?
  14. was relieved to discover they had things in common with their companions?
  15. says it was expensive to go into the park?

Comments

  1. alguien diga las respuestas porfavor no entiendo ingles

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALGUIEN PORFAVOR PONGA RESPUESTAS NO ENTIENDO 😭😭😭😭 I DONT UNDERSTAND PLEASE RESPONSE

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)