Relative Clauses (Exercises)

1. Complete the following sentences using a Relative Pronoun.

  • We may meet some other people _____ you can talk to.
  • The news team choose the stories _____ will be in the news.
  • Here's a man ______ face you'll recognise.
  • That's the soap opera ______ you can see every evening at seven on TBC.
  • This is the room ______ Mark asked Jill to marry him.
  • We report on all the sports events ______ take place around the world.
  • For instance, people like Sally Ravenna ______ were stars.
  • Jack's the man ______ old boots were sold recently for 10.000€.
2. Join these pairs of sentences with a relative pronoun.
  • I've got a ring. It belonged to my grandmother.
  • My sister has a beautiful leather jacket. It cost $200.
  • I have a penfriend. He lives in Australia.
  • This is the computer. It doesn't work.
  • Those are the singers. They won a music competition on television last night.
  • My brother told me about his friend. She worked for a film company.

3. Complete these sentences with who, which, whose or where.
  • I met a man ______ plays football for Germany.
  • This is the library _____I usually study.
  • That's the woman ______ daugther won the chess prize.
  • That's the girl _______ my brother is going to marry.
  • We lost the map ______ you drew for us.
  • Please show me the cupboard ______ you keep your cleaning materials.
  • Mungo opened the present ______ his friends gave him.
  • Can you tell me the name of the man ______ car you borrowed?
  • Gabrielle painted the picture ______ hangs in our sitting-room.
  • I have a friend ______ lives in Barcelona.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)