Rephrasing B2

Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word given. You must use between two and five words, incluiding the word given.


  • I last saw him at my 21st birthday party. since
I _________ my 21st birthday party.

  • 'You've broken my radio, Frank!' said Jane. accused
Jane _________ her radio
  •  My car really needs to be repaired soon. must
I really _______ repaired soon.

  • Susan regrets not buying that house. wishes
Susan __________ that house.
  •  I could never have succeeded without your help. you
I could never hace succeeded __________ me.

  • I thought I might run out of cash, so I took my cheque-book with me. case
I took my cheque-book with me _______ out of cash.
  •  Linda's plans for a picnic have been spoilt by the weather. fallen
Linda's plans for a picnic ________ because of the weather.

  • The bread was too stale to eat. fresh
The bread________ to eat
  •  Perhaphs Brian went home early. may
Brian _________ home early.

  • I can't possibly work in all this noise! impossible
It _______ work in all this noise!
  •  The thief suddenly realised that the police were watching him. watched
The thief suddenly realised that he _______ by the police.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)