Phrasal Verbs (Health)

Symptoms

  • I keep throwing up. I have eaten something expired.
  • I'm fighting off a sore tthroat.
  • My ankle has swollen up. I must go to the doctor.
  • I think I'm coming down with flu. 
  • I've put my shoulder out.
  • My nose is blocked-up.
  • I'm going down with  flu too.
  • I can't shake off this cold. 
  • I've passed out a couple of times recently. I think I have low blood presure.

1. Try to guess the meaning of the previous Phrasal Verbs.


One medical story

Marge has had a hard time recently. Firstly, her sister broke down after her divorce and was sick for several months. Marge was still carring for her when her brother was hit on the head by a tle that fell from a roof. He was unconscious for a couple of days. Fortunately, he pulled through and has now more or less fully recovered although he does seem to have slowed down a lot. No sooner were they both better than their grandfather passed away and then just a few weeks later their grandmother passed on too.

2. Try to guess the meaning of the previous Phrasal Verbs.



3.  Let's talk!
Tell us one of your medical stories using the previous phrasal verbs related with the health.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)