Rephrasing B2

Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word given. 

  • A very friendly taxi driver drove us into town. DRIVEN
We ____________ a very friendly taxi driver

  • Joan was in favour of visiting the museum. IDEA
Joan thought it would be ___________ to the museum
  •  Arthur has the talent to become a concert pianist. THAT
Arthur is so ________ could become a concert pianist.

  •  'Do you know when the match starts, Sally?' asked Mary. IF
Mary asked Sally ________ time the match started.

  •  I knocked for ages at Ruth's door but I got no reply. LONG
I _______ knocking at Ruth's door but I got no reply.

  • Everyone says that the band is planning to go on a world tour next year. SAID
The band ____________ planning to go on a world tour next year.
  •  I'd prefer not to cancel the meeting. CALL
I'd rather ____________ the meeting.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)