Daily Routines (Vocabulary, Part II)

Keeping Clean


In the summer I have a shower in the morning, but in winter I often have a bath instead. Sometimes I have a shave at the same time, or I shave when I have a wash and clean/brush my teeth after breakfast. I wash my hair two or three times a week.

1. Try to guess the meaning of the bold phrases in the previous text.






Evenings


During the week I usually stay in and have a rest. But at the weekend I often go out , but quite often I also have friends for dinner or friends just come round for a chat or we play cards, e.g. poker or bridge.

2. Try to guess the meaning of the bold words in the previous text.








Housework


I do the shopping on Saturday. Fortunately, I have a cleaner and she does most of the housework: she does my washing, the washing up and does most of the ironing.

3. Try to guess the meaning of the bold words in the previous text.








4. Complete the following sentences with a suitable phrase or word:
  • Today I am very tires, so I am going to_________________.
  • Your clothes are very wrinkled. I think you should _____________________ more often.
  • I prefer ____________________ because you waist less water.
  • We are going to ___________________ tonight because we are very boring at home. 
  • He needs to _________________ to go work.

5. Time for writing and speaking!!
Now it's time you tell your teacher or write about your daily routine in relation with keeping cleaning, evenings and housework. You can also ask a friend or your teacher about it.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)