Phrasal Verbs (Given and getting information Part I)

Noticing and understanding information








1. Correct the errors in this paragraph. There are seven in total. 
Hanna and bill were playing a game. Hannah had thought of a football start and Bill was trying to find who it was out. He turned his mother to but she pointed it out that she knew absolutely nothing about football. He would have to try to track the answer himself down and to watch out any clues for that Hannah might deliberately give. After ten minutes Bill still hadn't latched up on so he gave himself up and Hannah told him the answer: Ronaldo.


2.  Complete the following sentences with the correct phrasal verb:

  • I just _________________ that my sister is pregnant.
  • When you drive in winter you have to ___________________ for icy patches.
  • I'm not sure I ____________________ it all but I understood most of it.
  • I'll see if I can __________________ that recipe for you.


3. Writing and Speaking time!!
Try to find any other situations in which you can use these Phrasal Verbs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)