My last Saturday (A/ An or The. Part I)

My last Saturday


Last Saturday, I was feeling bored so I went for a walk. It was a beautiful day and the sky was blue. Then I saw a dog and a cat in the park. The cat was very small, but the dog looked a little dangerous to me. I normally love animals, but I didn’t want to get closer to the dog. But suddenly the cat started to run after me, but I was running faster!

1. After reading the previous text, can you know when we use A, AN or THE?






2. If it isn't easy for you, here you have a little help:

We know previously
First time it appears




3. Fill in the gaps with a/an or the.

  • This morning I bought _________ newspaper and _________ magazine. __________ newspaper is in my bag, but I can't remember where I put __________ magazine.
  • I saw __________ accident this morning. __________ car crashed into __________ tree. __________ driver of _________ car wasn't hurt, but _________ car was badly damaged.
  • There are two cars parked outside: ___________ blue one and _________ grey one. __________ blue one belongs to my neighbours; I don't know who __________ owner of __________ grey one is.
  • My friends live in _________ old house in __________ small village. There is __________ beautiful garden behind __________ house. I would like to have __________ garden like that.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)