How do I use Present tenses to talk about the Future? (Common Mistakes FIRST)

How do I use Present tenses to talk about the Future?


1. Tick the correct sentence in each pair.
  • Sara won't be able to come; she's going skiing next weekend.
Sara won't be able to come; she'll go skiing next weekend.

  • Can you tell me what time the next train leaves?
Can you tell me what time the next train will leave?

2. Complete the sentences below using the correct form of the verbs.

  • The conference __________ (start) at 9 am, so we'll have to set off early.
  • It's very gloom weather; I think I __________ (stay) indoors today.
  • The only direct flight __________ (leave) at 5 am, which means an early start.
  • Sorry I'm late. I promise it __________ (happen) again!
  • 'Have you heard from Luca recently?' 'He ___________ (get married) next month.'
  • Gwen an Tom _________(go) to Mauritius for their honeymoon.
  • There's no hurry, the film __________ (not/ start) until 9 pm.
  • I normally leave work early on Friday, but this Friday I ________ (work)  late. 




  • WILL: instant reactions, predictions and promises
  • Present Continuous: talk about an arrangement
  • Present Simple: future timetabled events. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)