Present Perfect Simple vs Past Simple (Exercises)

Put the verb into the correct form, present perfect or past simple.
1 ........  raining for a while, but now it's raining again. (it/stop)
2 The town where I live is very different now. ..... a lot. (it /change)
3 I studi ed German at schoo l , but ......... ..... .. .. .... . .. . .... ............. most of it now. (I / forget)
4 The police . .........three people, but l ate r they let them go. (arrest)
5 What do you think of my English? Do you think ..........? (it /improve)
6 A: Are you st ill reading the paper ?
   B: No, ... . .............. with it. You can have it. (I/finish)
7 ....... for a job as a tourist guide, but I wasn 't successful. (I /apply)
8 Where's my bike ? ..... . .. . ..... outside the house, but it's not there now. (it /be)
9 Quick! We need to ca ll an ambulance. . .. .. . ...... . .... .. ... an accident . (there /be)
10 A: Have you heard about Ben? ............ ..... ... .... . ............... his arm. (he/break)
     B: Really? How .. .. .... . .... ... ..... ? (that/happen)
     A : . . . .. ... . ..... . ... off a l adder. (he/fall)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)