Students now taking longer to finish studies (Present Simple vs Present Continuous Review)

Complete the following text with a suitable Present Simple or Present Continuous verb in brackets.


Students now taking longer to finish studies


In the USA some university students nowadays _________ (spend) more and more time in university before graduating. In American universities, many students _________ (pay) their own lees, and this __________ (mean) more time working and less studying. Alan Chester is a 25-year-ols journalism student from Ohio who _________(take) six years to complete his undergraduate degree. In order to pay tuition fees and other expenses he ________ (work) four days a week in the university kitchen, while in the university holidays he _________(do) a full-time job. "I_________(find) it difficult at the moment to study and pay my bills at the same time", he ________(admit). "But I ________(try) my best and I ________(mnage) to keep the wolf from the door." Alan's parents _________(understand) his decision to take longer to graduate. "They ________(know) what I ________(go) through, and they ________(help) me as much as they can. It's hard, but I ________(learn) to look after myself, and I ________(experience) stuff that might be useful one day when I'm a journalist. "He ________(point out) that some students _________(take) more time to graduate because they __________(not really know) what they _________(want) to study. "New courses of study ________(develop) all the time, new subjetcs_________(appear) on the curriculum. Some students ________(spend) time experimenting with different courses before choosing their major. So it's not all about money. I _________(think) universities __________(go) through a period of change like everything else, and students have to adapt to this changing situation."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)