Modals (Review)

Modals




1Rewrite sentences and keep the same meaning:


Maybe she will return tonight. - She  return tonight.

Don't stand up! - You  stand up!

I'm sure they will finish it in a minute. - They  finish it in a minute.

There is no need to answer the letter. - You  answer the letter.

Please, do it for me. -  you do it for me?

I'd like to see your children. -  I see your children?

I am not good at football. - I  play football.

Do your homework! - You  do your homework.

Let's take a taxi. - We  take taxi.



2. Complete the following sentences with a modal verb:
1. Rose and Ted _________________ be good players. They have won hundreds of cups! 
2. You _________________ pay to use the library. It’s free. 
3. I’m not sure where my wife is at the moment. She _________________ be at her dance class. 
4. Jerry _________________ be working today. He never works on Sundays. 
5. You _________________ be 18 to see that film. 
6. You _________________ hear this story. It’s very funny. 
7. Dad _________________ go and see a doctor. His cough is getting worse all the time. 
8. You don’t have to shout. I _________________ hear you very well. 
9. It _________________ be him. I saw him a week ago, and he didn’t look like that. 
10. You look pretty tired. I think you _________________ go to bed early tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)