Idioms (Problems Part I)

Describing the problem


  • I've come up against a brick wall and I can't go on with my schedule.
  • We had a problem at the office and I've been left holding the baby.
  • They though that I could manage the situation and I put my foot in it.
  • They've got me over a barrel. I don't know who has the reason.
  • When John lost his job he found himself in dire stairs.
  • The issue proved to be a stumbling block during the peace talks.
  • I've dug myself into a hole when I've decided to do this part of the report.
  • I'm clutching at straws now that I will try anything to avoid it.
  • I've spread myself too thin that I couldn't finish well any of them. 
  • Jenna's search for information about her birth parents drew a blank.
  • His only option was to go home and face the music.

1. Try to guess the meaning of the previous Idioms.



2. Let's talk or write!
Write or talk about some problems that you have had during your life using the previous Idioms

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)