Future (General Review)

1. Match the sentences from 1 to 14 with one from a to n to make short exchanges.
1. 'Mumm I've dropped my glass of milk.'
2. 'The meeting will be held on Tuesday at 3pm.'
3. 'What time did she say she's going to get here?'
 4. 'I told her to tidy her room but she won't.'
 5. 'How much longer are you going to be?'
6. 'I feel awful. I think I'm going to faint.'
7. 'I'll come and help you clear the attic in a moment.'
8. 'Tessa seems to have gained a lot of weight.'
9. 'Shall we go now? I've had enough.'
10. 'Will you please shut the door?'
11. 'What shall I get for dinner?'
12. 'When am I going to see you again?'
13. 'What do you think you'll do when you finish?'
14. 'I'm just going to go to the post office.'

 a. 'Shall I have a word with her?'
b. 'I'll be with  you in just a minute.'
c. 'That's easy. I'm going to get a job that earns me lots of money.'
d. 'Thanks. That will be very helpful.'
e. 'Actually she's going to have a baby.'
f. 'Never mind. Accidents will happen.'
g. 'I'm not sure I'll be able to come.'
h. 'She'll probably be here by 9.30.'
i. 'I'll call the doctor right away.'
j. 'Let's just have fish and chips.'
k. 'perhaps I'll see you tomorrow.'
l. 'No, I won't. Do it yourself!'
m. 'Are you? I'll come with you.'
n. 'OK. I'll just get your coat.'



 2. Complete these sentences using be going to, will, Present Continuous or Present Simple. 

  • Look, that car over there ________(crash)!
  • I can't come tonight because I __________ (stay in) to watch TV.
  • The Prime Minister _________(travel) to Brussels tomorrow.
  • The match __________(start) at 3pm as always.
  • Don't worry about the car; I _________(phone) for a taxi.
  • Nina often _________(visit) her parents.
  • I _________(be) rich one day!
  • According to my diary, we _________(meet) at 3pm tomorrow.
  • We __________ (win) the European Cup next year.
  • The National Theatre __________(celebrate) its thirtieth anniversary soon.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)