When do I use the Present Perfect? (Common Mistakes FIRST)

When do I use the Present Perfect?

1. Tick the best sentence in each pair.
  • That writer won a prize last year for his new novel.
That writer's won a prize last year for his new novel.

  • Regina's been a secretary since 1999, even though she finds it very dull.
Regina is a secretary since 1999, even though she finds it very dull.

 2. Are these sentences right or wrong? Correct those which are wrong.

  • It's our anniversary. We are married for ten years.
  • Thi is the fourth time I've called but thereps still no reply.
  • There's no milk left, someone's drunk it all.
  • I have worked as a translator when I lived in Spain.
  • Where's John? I haven't seen him since ages.
  • I never ate Japanese food before, so I'd be curious to try it.
  • How many times did you turn up late for work last month.
  • How many plays has Shakespeare written?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)