Idioms (Having Problems)

Describing problems


- I've come up againts a brick wall.
- I've been left holding the baby.
- I put my foot in it.
- They've got me over a barrel.
-I'm in dire straits.
- I've come up against a stumbling block.
-I've dug myself into a hole.
- I'm clutching at straws now.
- I've spread myself too thin.
- I've drawn a blank.
- So now we are all going to have to face the music.


1. Try to guess the meaning of the previous Idioms.



2. Let's talk and write.

Imagine that you are the responsible of the question and answer section of a newspaper. You have to write the problem and give a solution to it using the previous Idioms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)