How do I form indirect questions? (Common Mistakes FIRST)

How do I form indirect questions?

1. Tick the correct sentence in each pair.
  • Can you tell me where is the bank?
Can you tell me where the bank is?

  • He asked me what does 'kitsch' mean?
He asked me what 'kitsch' means.


2. Complete the sentences using the words in brackets.
  •  Could you tell me __________(what time/ next/ train)?
  • I don't know _________(where/ cinema).
  • Could you tell me __________ (you come home/ late/ tonight)?
  • They wondered ___________ (whether/ film/ start).
  • Have you any idea __________(how/ I get to/ Oxford Street)?
  • She asked me _________( I know/ Ellen).
  • I asked her __________(what/ want/ birthday).
  • He wanted to know _________(when/ her birthday).

3. Are these sentences right or wrong? Correct those which are wrong.
  • When will you get back from Italy?
  • I'm not sure where is the exhibition.
  • They asked me if my sister still lived in New York.
  • I'll have a shower as soons as I'll get home.
  • He wondered what did I do in my spare time.
  • Excuse me! Could you tell me where is the town hall?
  • She asked me why  I was so late.
  • As soon as you'll come we'll have lunch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)