Which verbs don't have a continuous form? (Common Mistakes PET)

Which verbs don't have a continuous form?

1. Tick the correct sentence in each pair.
  • I think this spaghetti is great.
I'm thinking this spaghetti is great.

  • I don't know the answer to the question.
I'm not knowing the answer to the question.

2. Tick the sentences which are correct. In some pairs both sentences are correct.

  • a. I'm liking to get up early.___          b. I like to get up early.___
  • a. What is this word meaning?___         b. What does this word mean?____
  • a. How are you feeling?____           b. How do you feel?___
  • a. I'm not needing anything, thank you.___       b. I don't need anything, thank you.___
  • a. I'm thinking about buying a car.___       b. I think about buying a car.___
  • a. This soup is tasting really nice.___         b. This soup tastes really nice.____
  • a. My mother is looking tired.___         b. My mother looks tired.___
  • a. I'm not having blue eyes.___         b. I don't have blue eyes.___

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander Graham Bell (Use of English)

Computers (Past Simple vs. Present Perfect Simple)

How the recycling symbol was created (Reading)